Journaling is one of the most powerful ways to get to know yourself. When you take the time to truly get to know yourself, you’re able to make informed choices that help create a life you love.
I hope the following thought-provoking journal prompts help you dig deep so you can start having the life you want and deserve.
Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery
- Describe your dream life. What’s one step can you take this week to start creating that life?
- What is something that you feel is missing from your life right now? What steps can you take to attain it?
- What are your 3 biggest strengths? In what areas of your life do you use them?
- What are 10 things you love about your life?
- What is your biggest fear? What does it hold you back from doing or achieving?
- If today was your last day, what 3 things would you do?
- If you knew you couldn’t fail what goal would you go after?
- What 3 things can you be grateful for today?
- What are your top 3 priorities? Why are these priorities of yours?
- What is your dream job? What is one step you can take this week to go after it?
- What or who makes you feel calm and at peace? Why?
- If money wasn’t an option what would you do with your life? (go to school? move? travel?)
- What are 5 qualities you love about yourself?
- What is one way you can take better care of yourself? How will it improve your life?
- How would you describe yourself to someone who doesn’t know you?
- How do you want people to feel around you? Do you think this is how they feel?
- What excites you about your future?
- What worries you most about the future?
- What do you consider to be your biggest flaw? How can you work on improving it?
- What is your number one goal you want to achieve this year?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is your biggest regret? Why?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go? Why?
- Describe yourself in 3 words. Why did you select these words?
- What are some limiting beliefs that are holding you back? What would your life look like without these beliefs?
- What is your favorite self-care practice? Why?
- What are your top 3 values?
- When are you the happiest? How can you incorporate more of it into your life?
- What is your passion? What do you love about it?
- Who inspires you the most? Why?
- Write a letter to your younger self. What advice would you give?
- What items are on your bucket list? How can you make them a reality?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What are the biggest life lessons you have learned in the last 5 years?
- What is unique about you?
- What is a quote that really resonates with you? Why?
- How do you want to be remembered at the end of your life?
Until next time!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy 101 Questions to Ask Yourself to Love Your Life