Are you tired of playing small with your life? Maybe you feel disappointed in yourself because you know you’re capable of more. I know a lot of you are feeling this way because recently I wrote 2 blog posts that resonated with a LOT of people (12 Big Signs You’ve Outgrown Your Life AND 15 Best Ways to Reinvent Yourself).
The popularity of these posts tells me a lot of you are ready for a change and want to take your life to the next level. I created these 31 journal prompts to help you do that. They will help you explore what being the best version of yourself looks like and get you thinking about how to do it.
Without further ado here are the best 31 journal prompts for self-improvement:
- What brings you joy? How can you bring those things into your life more often?
- What relationships are holding you back? How can you start to let them go?
- What morning routine could you start that would set a positive tone for the day?
- What is a helpful evening routine you can create for yourself?
- Create your ideal schedule. What does it look like and how would it benefit you?
- What 3 ways you can step out of your comfort zone?
- Who inspires you and why? What are some of their characteristics you would like to adopt?
- What are some limiting beliefs that are holding you back? Write a positive affirmation to challenge each of those beliefs.
- What distractions can you eliminate from your life? What would your life look like without them?
- What is your dream job or career? What are 3 steps you can take within the next month to work toward it?
- What negative habits do you need to stop to improve your life? What are some ways you can stop them?
- What kind of people would add value to your life? Where can you meet people like this?
- What are 3 core values you have? What are some ways you can live by them?
- What is one thing you can do now to make your financial goals a reality?
- What is one thing you can do to start showing yourself more love?
- What self-development materials (books, podcasts, workshops, etc.) have you found helpful? How can you apply the information to your goals and life?
- What are 3 of your long-term goals? (within the next 5 years). What are 3 things you can do now to work toward them?
- What is one of your short-term goals? (within the next 6 months). What is one thing you can do this week to work toward it?
- What is one healthy habit can you start to improve your physical health?
- What is one positive habit can you start to improve your mental health?
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? How can you make it a reality?
- What does success look like to you? What is one step you can take to live that vision?
- What is your biggest strength? What is an area of your life you can start using it?
- What changes can you make to improve your work performance?
- Write 3 positive affirmations you can start using daily
- How can you incorporate more gratitude in your life? What are 5 things you are grateful for right now?
- What fear do you want to overcome? What is one thing you can do to challenge it?
- What are some of your flaws? What are some ways you can work on improving them?
- What excuses are holding you back from going after your goals? What can you do to get rid of them?
- What can you start saying “no” to (social gatherings, commitments out of obligation, etc.) so you can free up time to go after your goals?
- What is something you’d like to forgive yourself for? Write yourself a letter of forgiveness
If you enjoyed this post check out my post on 37 Thought Provoking Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery