Most of us are feeling an unbearable amount of stress right now. There is so much uncertainty in the world and our personal lives.
People are sick, some have lost jobs, we’re forced to isolate, and we have no idea when it will be over. It’s a scary time.
During hard times it’s crucial to have some go-to stress management techniques.
One of the things I’ve always found helpful and comforting is encouraging words. They help me reframe my jumbled, anxious, and stressful thoughts.
Quotes for stress relief are a simple but powerful way to do that.
Here are 20 quotes to help you relieve stress. I the following quotes calming and comforting. I hope they will be helpful for you too…
25 QUOTES FOR STRESS RELIEF
1. “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside” – Wayne Dyer
2. “It’s not stress that kills us, it’s our reaction to it” – Hans Selye
3. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “Give your stress wings and let it fly away” – Terrie Guillemets
5. “Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.” – Henry Ward Beecher
6. “In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.” – Fred Rogers
7. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
8. “Gratitude can reduce your stress and anxiety” – Bree Miller
9. “Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry – all forms of fear – are caused by too much future, and not enough presence” – Eckhart Tolle
10. “Don’t think about the past. Just be here now. Don’t think about the future. Just be here now” – Ram Dass
11. “We should always be asking ourselves: is this something that is, or is not, in my control?” – Epictetus
12. “When you need to calm down… Breathe in for 5 counts. Hold for 5 counts. Breathe out for 5 counts. Hold for 5 counts. Repeat the cycle 2 more times” – Gabby Bernstein
13. “Finding a moment to sit and just do nothing can be very healing, transforming, and nourishing” – Thich Nhat Hanh
14. “The only thing we really have any control over is our own experience” – Traleg Rinpoche
15. “The concept that things should be a certain way causes pain in the mind” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
16. “The resistance to the unpleasant situation is the root of suffering” – Ram Dass
17. “Stress happens when your mind resists what is” – Dan Millman
18. “No amount of anxiety makes any difference to anything that is going to happen” – Alan Watts
19. “Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is” – Eckhart Tolle
20. “Breathing is a powerful tool for regulating your emotions. Deep breathing is a way to summon energy and relax in stressful situations” – Johnny Uzan
21. “Times of stress are also times that are signals for growth, and if we use adversity properly, we can grow through adversity” – Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twerski
22. “One of the best ways to reduce stress is to accept the things you cannot control” M.P. Neary
23. “Doing something that is productive is a great way to alleviate emotional stress. Get your mind doing something that is productive” – Ziggy Marley
24. “Each moment of worry, anxiety, or stress represents lack of faith in miracles, for they never cease” – T.F. Hodge
25. “Today I refuse to stress myself out about things I cannot control or change” – anonymous
Until next time. Stay safe x
If you liked this post you might also enjoy 11 Ways to Relieve Stress When Times are Tough